California Law Firm Handles Social Security Disability Matters
Los Angeles area attorney fights for client’s rights
Navigating the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) process can be overwhelming, but you don’t have to do it alone. For over 50 years, my firm, Earl M. Hyman, Attorney at Law, has been advocating for the rights and financial security of clients throughout Southern California. If you are disabled and unable to work for at least 12 months, I can assist with an initial SSDI claim or provide continuing support during the appeals process if your claim is denied.
Skilled legal support for initial Social Security Disability claims
Before you can be approved for SSDI benefits, you will need to provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) with a good deal of required information. Mistakes are common in this process, but I know how to maximize the ability of my clients to obtain benefits as quickly as possible. Some of the areas I can help you address include:
- Work credits — SSDI eligibility is based on accruing enough work credits, which in turn are based on your earnings over time. If this comes into question, I can assist in clarifying your contributions to the system.
- Medical documentation — I can support your claim by ensuring that all proper medical documentation is submitted to the SSA.
- Other benefits — Your SSDI benefits may be reduced or denied depending on whether you are receiving income from other sources, such as workers’ compensation, pension benefits or working part-time. I can clarify these rules.
When you are waiting for SSDI, you are already dealing with enough financial stress. My firm provides services on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t pay any fees until your claim is approved.
Accomplished law firm advocates for clients in SSDI appeals
The SSA reports that roughly 70 percent of initial claims are denied. For people suffering from disabling conditions and lost wages, the appeals process can be vital in getting ultimate claim approval. My firm can guide you through each stage of this complex process, including:
- Reconsideration — In some cases, some supplementary information or a second review is enough to secure approval after an initial denial of benefits.
- Administrative hearing — My firm can help deliver a convincing argument before an administrative law judge, increasing the chances of your claim being approved.
- Appeals Council and federal court review — If any errors occurred during the review of your claim, I can bring these to light by appealing your case to the next level. If we are unsuccessful with the Social Security Appeals Council, another option is to pursue relief in federal court.
The appeals process is time-sensitive, and any delays can cost you time or damage your ability to collect benefits. My firm provides a free initial consultation to outline your options.
Contact an experienced SSD lawyer in Southern California
Retaining a Los Angeles SSD law firm early in the process can increase your chance of success. My firm, Earl M. Hyman, Attorney at Law, serves clients throughout the Los Angeles County area. I have the legal knowledge, experience, and attention to detail required to help you get the benefits you need from the SSA. Call me today at 424-260-8010 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation.